Benefits of the tree and e-readers ?
- Completely self sustained and durable. Every knowledge tree will/can contain as many digital books as world class libraries in universities around US and europe.
- No wastage of papers.
- Unlimited copies of the same material/book.
- Resources which are digital content cannot be destroyed , hence very durable.
- Can be setup in any remote location as long as there is a power source ( solar / electric )
- Cost effective
- State of the art and introduces technology to remote populations.
- Can be scaled . Easily add a new branch and add readers to that branch.
- Can be made completely green ( Solar + digital content + renewable materials for readers )
- The education hotspot can be update with new content regularly.
- It can have a 3G/GPRS back link which can be used to update low bandwidth resources like books.
Where it can be most beneficial:
- Nomadic communities in Mongolia , Sahara ,
- Remote villages where internet infrastructure is lacking.
Sustainability and Upgrading:
- Since each knowledge tree is self contained and has wireless capability , it can be easily updated from any computer locally.
- Local communities can share newspapers , periodicals , bulletins .
- When internet infrastructure does reach these areas, the TREE can still be used and connected to internet so that communities can have access to a larger volume of books.